Whether you’re requesting reviews from current customers, hiring an agency for professional assistance, or just trying to get the word out, sharing a link to your Google Business listing is a fast and easy way to do so.
Before you can share a link to your own listing, there’s a couple fundamental steps you have to complete.
First and foremost, you need to create a Google business listing. Your business listing will be tied to the email address you use to sign up, so confirm you’re logged in to the right account before anything else.
Once you create your Google business listing and plug in basic info like your location, business name, and business contact info, you’re ready to get started:
Step-by-Step: How to Share a Link to Your Google Business Listing
1. Visit google.com/business/ and click “Manage now”. If you aren’t already logged in to the account associated with the Google business listing, you’ll enter your credentials.
2. After logging in, you’ll land on the dashboard for managing your Google business listing.
Note: If you have more than one location, select the appropriate location from the sidebar on the left. If you have one location associated with this listing, just scroll down the page.
3. Scroll until you see the section titled “Your Business Is On Google”.
4. Click on the option titled “Share your Business Profile”.
After clicking the appropriate option, a smaller window pops up. The link leads directly to your Google business listing.
You can copy and paste it straight from the text box, share the link on your social media pages, or use your preferred email client to share.
This method gives customers and agencies a very convenient shortcut straight to your listing. From generating awareness of your business to getting professional optimization, the first step is sharing this link.
Can I Share a Listing Without Signing In or Having Admin Access?
Yes, you can share a listing that you aren’t an admin of. This is helpful if you want to share a listing to friends or family to meet up at a place, or don’t have time to sign into your Google Business account on the go.
1. First, search your business name. If you search in standard search, you will see a window with your business listing details.
2. Click on the arrows to expand this listing. This will take you to the listing on Google maps.
Note: If you search using Google maps (either in the app or browser), you don’t need to expand the listing.
3. Once you are looking at the expanded listing, you will see a share button.
4. Click the share button and you will see a pop-up with the link and be able to copy it and share it with friends, family, customers, or across the internet.
From here, you also have the option to choose “Embed a map” which will allow you to place your listing map on any area that accepts custom code or iframes.
Does Sharing My Google Business Listing Give Admin Access?
No, sharing this link doesn’t give anyone access to your listing. Your account is completely secure whether you share this link with social media, an agency, or your loved ones. It just provides a convenient, direct route to view your Google business listing without having to search online.